PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Screen settings for Dell C400 Laptop

EdLinq
July 5th, 2008, 02:23 AM
Everything was fine using 1024 X 768 resolution until I tried to connect an external display to the laptop. That is when I lost the settings for the laptop screen. Now I only have 640 X 480. I know I have an i830 graphics card with the i810 intel Integrated Graphics Chipset. What I do not know is what screen model I (had) need to choose. So far none of the ones I would have thought have worked. Might someone have a similar unit and could send me the settings?

overdrank
July 5th, 2008, 03:50 AM
Everything was fine using 1024 X 768 resolution until I tried to connect an external display to the laptop. That is when I lost the settings for the laptop screen. Now I only have 640 X 480. I know I have an i830 graphics card with the i810 intel Integrated Graphics Chipset. What I do not know is what screen model I (had) need to choose. So far none of the ones I would have thought have worked. Might someone have a similar unit and could send me the settings?

HI and have you tried to reconfigure your xorg with the command

sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg
Or boot into recovery mode and use the xfix option.

EdLinq
July 5th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Wow, Thank you very much. That was interesting. The system created a custom profile for the video card and the screen. It is not what I had, but it works great. I'm back in busisness.

overdrank
July 5th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Wow, Thank you very much. That was interesting. The system created a custom profile for the video card and the screen. It is not what I had, but it works great. I'm back in busisness.

Great and good luck! :popcorn: