PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem browsing phone via bluetooth

CommonClone
July 3rd, 2008, 07:44 AM
I can send files from my Samsung Backjack 2 cell phone to my hardy laptop, but I cannot brose the device. When I click to browse my devices, it shows my phone, along with some other devices that are not present--like it hasn't refreshed or something. When I try to connect to my device, it says:

Couldn't display "obex://[00:1F:CC:21:20:43]/".
Error: Host down
Please select another viewer and try again.

Thanks in advance for any help.

CommonClone
July 3rd, 2008, 03:27 PM
I would really appreciate it if someone could help me with this problem. I recently installed ubuntu-studio on this laptop, and the problem seemed to start then. There have also been other weird things going on since installing those packages--like lines on my screen when I scroll.

Is there an easy way to uninstall all those packages?

Thanks

IcarusR
July 3rd, 2008, 06:13 PM
To uninstall packages use Synaptic, search for package name, right click on name & you get a menu, select remove, then push Apply button.

CommonClone
July 3rd, 2008, 06:38 PM
ubuntu-studio is a metapackage. I don't think you can just uninstall it. My my main concern is browsing my phone.

Thanks

IcarusR
July 5th, 2008, 09:59 AM
What aplication are you using to try to browse your phone.
Is the phone fully supported ??
I have tried Gammu, Gknoki & Wammu with no sucess. My phone is not supported by these apps.
I can however send files by bluetooth to & from using Nautilus.

CommonClone
July 7th, 2008, 07:35 AM
I have tried Gammu, Gknoki & Wammu with no sucess. My phone is not supported by these apps.

Yes, I can send and receive files from my phone. I just can't browse it. I am using the gnome bluetooth manager.

CommonClone
July 7th, 2008, 08:14 PM

I just installed the Blueman bluetooth manager and I am still having the same problems. I can send and receive files to and from my phone, but I cannot browse it. There has got to be some way of fixing this.

I would really appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks