PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] .cr2?

Mcchub
July 3rd, 2008, 02:47 AM
i do alot of photography and i have really enjoyed using ubuntu the only problem is when i try to open up a .cr2 file i can't seem to find it where i have it saved i am wondering if gimp can even open these files and if not does anyone know a program that works with linux that will open a .cr2

DigitaLink
July 5th, 2008, 12:39 AM
I just snagged my brother's Canon EOS 350D Rebel XT dSLR tonight to play with while I decide if I want to buy it from him or not. So I'm currently searching for answers about the cr2 raw files. I did my test shots in raw+jpg mode, so I still have the jpgs, but haven't found anything good for working with the raw files yet. I did notice that F-Spot imported them with no problems, which made me very happy.

How did you import the files from the camera? F-Spot imported mine to the standard import folders. I'm installing UFRaw and Raw Studio right now ...

Initial impression (with one image) is that Raw Studio is easier to work with ... UFRaw might have more tweaks. But UFRaw also spikes my CPU to 100% for 10 or 15 seconds to save a jpg ... Raw Studio did not.