PDA

View Full Version : How To: DCP130C installation

edren
July 2nd, 2008, 12:19 PM
Hi All,

Im ditching windows and starts to use ubuntu...
but my happiness was complete when im stucked with the Brother Printer DCP130C installation.
plently of instruction around the web but i dun seem to be able to get the correct one and follow the instructions.

on <http://localhost:631/printers/> im able to see DCP130C printer but im stuck there and tried to test print but no luck to get the printer to print. not too sure was it my bad? or im still missing out some steps.

beside the getting the printer to print, i guess getting the scanner to work as well seem to be a uphill.

anyone kind soul would be able to pin point any successful instruction that works like a idiot proof (newbie to linux)

thanks folks!:popcorn:

jpeddicord
July 2nd, 2008, 11:54 PM
Not a tutorial, moved appropriately.

TopEnder
July 4th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Hi,

You do not mention what version of Ubuntu/Kubuntu you are using.\, the following Posts give a very good description of HowTo
Ref #1
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=590793&highlight=brother+printers

Ref #2
Also look in System/Adminstration/Synaptic Package manager (Ubuntu). You may find the following packages for your DCP130C
brother-lpr-drivers-bh7
brother-cups-wrapper-bh7
If these packages are there, Un-install what you have already installed (trying to get the DCP130C working) and use these packages to get the printer side of the DCP130C working.
If the packages are not there then follow the posts in Ref #1 Make sure the Printer is diconnected from the power and the USB cable is disconnected for both solutions.
As yet there are no drivers for the Scanner side of the DCP130C, so you need to follow the scanner direction in Ref #1. there is some very goog information within the Post but you will need to read through all the posts in Ref #1 and maybe download (save) for reference, until you are up printing and scanning.
Old Kevin

If you still have problems the ask Brother (Help). As you go through installing both Printer & Scanner write down what you did as it could help other members wishing to install other Brother Printers/Scanners.

edren
July 7th, 2008, 04:57 PM
fantastic! thanks for the heads up...
finally i got it work.. now i got to get the scanner to work as well.

Great advice!
Appreciated!

sorry about posting in the wrong forum.