PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Software Sources

Sean-Michael
July 2nd, 2008, 06:08 AM
I hoping I can get advice or instructions to make sure I have the correct software sources for my System 79 Serval Performance running Hardy Heron 8.04 Much appreciation for help and advice!

Here's a screen shot of my current sources, I'm new to ubuntu but definitely pleased with my choices to move to linux and opensource software!

Thanks in advance and thank you System76 for providing me this killer laptop'
Sean-Michael.

forger
July 2nd, 2008, 06:14 AM
You can select and remove that line with medibuntu.org gutsy
Also you can uncheck the "partner" repositories, I don't think we'll see anything there soon :)

edit: I don't use system 76, but that's how I would do it in Ubuntu

Sean-Michael
July 2nd, 2008, 06:28 AM
Yea I thought that gutsy one didn't need to be there. I had a close friend help me get started some time ago and he has been un available to help with questions.

Any other good sources I should know about that I could put in there? I'm still rather new and am not sure if I'm missing anything.

Thanks for taking the time to help'
Sean-Michael.

forger
July 2nd, 2008, 06:55 AM
well.. medibuntu's all I ever needed, maybe wine if you use it
( I don't, it's still not good for games :( )

here are the instructions for a newer wine:
http://www.winehq.org/site/download-deb

edit: Welcome to Ubuntu! :)

Sean-Michael
July 2nd, 2008, 07:03 AM
Yea I have wine installed, I thought I would need it but haven't used it, well there was one time I almost installed a .exe program due to a mistake in downloading the wrong file lol...

Thanks again!

thomasaaron
July 2nd, 2008, 03:20 PM
That list looks good.

Sean-Michael
July 2nd, 2008, 06:51 PM
Looks like I'm good then, you guys really have helped me out a lot... as a new ubuntu user this really easies my mind!

Keep Cool'
Sean-Michael.