PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] problems with radeon x1300 mobility on laptop

jdmneon
July 1st, 2008, 11:25 PM
hey I'm relatively new to Ubuntu, I wouldn't consider myself an advanced user but i'm not a total noob either, I want to make Ubuntu my main operating system but I can't for the life of me get it to recognize my graphics card

I used Envy-Ng and it said it detected it, it then installed the packages but I restart and I still don't see any color bars. I go to the hardware drivers and it says ATI accelerated graphics driver is in use. I'm not good at compiling source code but if thats the only way then I guess i'll have too.

before you ask I read the other threads about this graphics card and tried the suggestions but it didn't help as already stated the graphics card is the ati-mobility x1300, I really need some help thanks in advance.

stchman
July 2nd, 2008, 12:06 AM
hey I'm relatively new to Ubuntu, I wouldn't consider myself an advanced user but i'm not a total noob either, I want to make Ubuntu my main operating system but I can't for the life of me get it to recognize my graphics card

I used Envy-Ng and it said it detected it, it then installed the packages but I restart and I still don't see any color bars. I go to the hardware drivers and it says ATI accelerated graphics driver is in use. I'm not good at compiling source code but if thats the only way then I guess i'll have too.

before you ask I read the other threads about this graphics card and tried the suggestions but it didn't help as already stated the graphics card is the ati-mobility x1300, I really need some help thanks in advance.

The following package should get that card working:

sudo apt-get install xorg-driver-fglrx

jdmneon
July 9th, 2008, 10:54 PM
it says xorg-driver-fglrx is the newest version, but I still don't see any color bars or static when I run the test and I am unable to play any games, I could play games (although at around 5 fps) before I installed the ati graphics driver but now they won't even start, any suggestions?