PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Ktorrent and D-Link DI 524

VargasTheBlind
June 29th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Hi all,

First, let me say that even though this is my first post, I have been lurking here before and after installing Ubuntu, and even though the help was directed to others it has helped me immensely with my smooth transition to Ubuntu and has made me very happy with it.

Having said that, this is the first hitch I've gotten after having next to NO problems with Ubuntu. I had used Azureus with XP, but it was too much of a memory hog so I decided to switch to Ktorrent. I configured my ports (49153, and 4444 for the UDP tracker port) and opened the port on my D-Link DI 524 router (49153, both TCP and UDP). The problem is, my downloads are still incredibly slow (averaging at about 0.8 Kbps) and I tried several torrents, so I don't think that a specific torrent could be the problem. Also, the problem isn't my ISP because other people who are on the same network have normal speeds at the same time mine are stalling.

Any help would be very much appreciated

Best,
Vargas

VargasTheBlind
June 29th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Sorry, never mind. For some reason Ktorrent is slow, while Transmission is lightning-fast. I don't quite get what's going on, but while it's speeding along at 70+ Kbps, I'm not complaining.