PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] changing an icon image?

patriotpie
June 29th, 2008, 04:29 PM
I recently added a new shortcut to that bar thing up top and made it execute "xkill" so that I can click up there then click on a window to kill it. But, I'm having a bit of trouble changing the icon. I found one that I would like to change it to online, so I saved it to my computer, but it is in .png instead of .svg format, which is what all the other icons seem to be in. Is there a way to convert a .png to .svg, or to make the computer accept an icon in .png format?

I attached a picture of the thing I wanted to change

flytripper
June 29th, 2008, 04:34 PM
its avant window navigator ?

go to the manager and remake the launcher click on the icon on the left of the window and browse to the containing folder for the icon you want to use... click "open" and if your lucky it will load in the icon chooser window.. .

hope this helps

LinuxFox
June 29th, 2008, 04:34 PM
I tried this once on the desktop. To change the icon, right-click it and choose Properties. Click the "Icon button" on the properties window and browse to the picture you want to use.

This is how I remember doing it. Can't check right now because I'm not at my Ubuntu computer at the moment. I hope this helps.

flytripper
June 29th, 2008, 04:35 PM
never mind me. i'm stupid.. you arent using what i thought you were

pastalavista
June 29th, 2008, 04:36 PM
A .png file should work fine. Just right click the icon and selct properties and then click the icon to change it.

nowshining
June 29th, 2008, 04:37 PM
for the gnome-panel - there should already be an applet for that try looking thru the applets to find it.

patriotpie
June 29th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Okay, but when I browse to it through the icon-changer thing it gives me an error saying
"The folder could not be created
Error removing file: file exists."