PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] HP dv6000 wireless doesn't work :(

gamer4lyf3
June 29th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Greetings everyone, I recently got a new laptop and I'm trying to get Ubuntu's wireless to work correctly. I can get a connection just fine I can connect and everything. But I can never actually browse the internet even though it says it's connected. I don't think it's the driver though because I can look at all the networks in my range. if you need information just let me know and let me know how I can get the information please :)!

bobyy
June 29th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Hy there
If you want to somebody try to help you
add some infos ..like output to ifconfig ,route -a ....if you have a router or not..witch type of connection you have ...stuff like this...

regards.

b3n5p34km4n
June 29th, 2008, 09:22 AM
i'm replying to this because i have the same laptop and i'm also having problems connecting to the internet.

i just installed 32 bit hardy after getting rid of 64 bit hardy. internet worked perfectly for 64 bit. i could detect wireless networks and everything. but i just installed 32 bit and with th network thing it only gives options for wired and for dialup. it doesn't detect wireless networks. i am on the laptop right now because i dual boot vista and the internet is working perfectly. it was also working perfectly about two hours ago when i had 64 bit.

b3n5p34km4n
June 29th, 2008, 11:00 AM
i switched from 64 bit to 32 bit because i couldn't get flash to work. now with 32 bit i can't even get basic wireless internet to work whereas with 64 bit it worked like a dream with absolutely no trouble or setting up involved. i am considerably frustrated so i would very much appreciate anyone's help that could get my wireless working. i've already tried 2 of the walkthroughs with absolutely no result. this boggles my mind as to why a fresh install of 32 bit doesn't have wireless and a 64 bit does.

gamer4lyf3
June 29th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Hey with a little looking around I got it to work! :). follow this persons instructions exactly and it should all work out fine for you.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=4808350

b3n5p34km4n
June 30th, 2008, 02:31 AM
wow, still didn't work for me. this is unbelievable. if i can't fix this problem i'll have to go back to windows... and i don't want that... can't anyone help me?

Ayuthia
June 30th, 2008, 02:23 PM
wow, still didn't work for me. this is unbelievable. if i can't fix this problem i'll have to go back to windows... and i don't want that... can't anyone help me?

I saw in one of your posts that you have a 14e4:4315 card. It might be possible that your card worked when you installed linux-restricted-modules in the past. There was a wl driver that was recently introduced in Ubuntu, but it looks like they might have taken it out.

You might try this link:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=786397
It has helped some people get that card working using ndiswrapper.

b3n5p34km4n
June 30th, 2008, 08:42 PM
thanks! i'll try it and let you know how it works