PDA

View Full Version : What happened to CSSforums.org ?

ubuntuman001
June 28th, 2008, 08:03 PM
It seems to be down right now, I don't know how long it's been down, but I sure hope for not much longer - it's an invaluable site.

http://cssforums.org

fatality_uk
June 28th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Thinks the grant tables gone screwy :( Do you have an email for the site to let them know? They might be working on it but I would drop them a line if you can.

ubuntuman001
June 28th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Thinks the grant tables gone screwy :( Do you have an email for the site to let them know? They might be working on it but I would drop them a line if you can.Yes I have an account on the site, but I don't know their email address...:(

p_quarles
June 28th, 2008, 10:49 PM
The site admin (forget his name) has an account here. You might try PMing him. That is, if you have a better memory for names than I do :)

LaRoza
June 28th, 2008, 10:51 PM
The site admin (forget his name) has an account here. You might try PMing him. That is, if you have a better memory for names than I do :)

Thinkbuntu, but it hasn't been up for a long time...

ubuntuman001
June 28th, 2008, 10:51 PM
The site admin (forget his name) has an account here. You might try PMing him. That is, if you have a better memory for names than I do :)Heh, too bad I don't!

I guess I'll search around then.

ubuntuman001
June 28th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Thinkbuntu, but it hasn't been up for a long time...Ahah! Didn't see your post before I posted my reply, guess I'll PM him and see, though your bit of news is quite disheartening...:(

ThinkBuntu
July 29th, 2008, 03:36 AM
CSS Forums is back online as of last night! I think I'll be able to do some pretty cool stuff with the Vanilla forum software; it's very well-designed and has a great code base. Unfortunately, PunBB was very tough to extend.

Thanks for the interest! I actually found this post by searching "cssforums" at Google to see if they'd picked up the re-booted site yet.

www.cssforums.org

Edit: Unfortunately, you'll have to re-register. Promise it won't happen again!

picpak
July 29th, 2008, 03:37 AM
Oh man! I completely forgot about this site! I remember I helped out so much when it was starting. I need to rejoin :)

ThinkBuntu
July 29th, 2008, 03:49 AM
It'll be better than ever, hopefully. I now am a pro PHP developer, and I was a complete novice not capable of writing a small app when I was trying to modify PunBB before. I'm hoping to add enhancements to the community as open source...but the theme will be private :^)

ThinkBuntu
July 29th, 2008, 03:52 AM
Also, I may be back in here soon after a year hiatus. I plan on buying an old laptop as a Python development box and to do some interesting Unix hacking not available on my Mac. Still a bit bitter about RAV getting thrown out, however.

LaRoza
July 29th, 2008, 04:08 AM
Still a bit bitter about RAV getting thrown out, however.

He came back (for a while).

ubuntuman001
July 31st, 2008, 12:56 AM
Awesome thinkbuntu, thanks a bunch!

I'm getting a new account as soon as I'm done posting this :)