PDA

View Full Version : Hi everybody... I'm back...

Big Venus
October 31st, 2005, 03:56 AM
I wanted to say hello. I thought that I would give ubuntu a little time to develop and mature. I am amazed at the changes the forum has gone through. WOW, and Way to go, Cool... Especially since I have been using windows non-stop since July.

I see ubuntu and kubuntu have another sibling too. I see that breezy badger's ubuntu and kubuntu work pretty well too.

I just want to say that Angelica is back on the block...

Hay, just one thing. Has anyone had problems setting the frequency of the display setting. I can only get 60Hz. I am not asking for technical support I am just curious.

matthew
October 31st, 2005, 07:44 AM
Welcome back! Glad you're here.

I don't know about the refresh rate thing...I have an LCD and am only given 60Hz as an option, but that is also the default for my laptop screen. If I have time tomorrow I will take a look on my testbed computer which has a CRT and see if I get more options there.

darkmatter
October 31st, 2005, 08:01 AM
Hay, just one thing. Has anyone had problems setting the frequency of the display setting. I can only get 60Hz. I am not asking for technical support I am just curious.

First of all, glad to see you. Just couldn't stay away, huh?;)

With the refresh rate problem you have, if you know the vertical/horizontal ranges of the monitor - you can then edit xorg.conf to reflect those, or you can run:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

and pick 'advanced' when asked for the frequency ranges...

Kapre
October 31st, 2005, 03:36 PM
I wanted to say hello. I thought that I would give ubuntu a little time to develop and mature. I am amazed at the changes the forum has gone through. WOW, and Way to go, Cool... Especially since I have been using windows non-stop since July.

I see ubuntu and kubuntu have another sibling too. I see that breezy badger's ubuntu and kubuntu work pretty well too.

I just want to say that Angelica is back on the block...

Welcome back Big V! Hope you'll stay a little longer now.

K

Pablo_Escobar
October 31st, 2005, 03:39 PM
Guess who's back, back again. Big Venus's back, tell the friend.

:) I never had the pleasure of seeing Your posts but it's good to see everyone coming back from M$ land :)

mstlyevil
October 31st, 2005, 04:10 PM
Are you running the AMD 64 version of Ubuntu/Kubuntu? I had the same problem with it and switched back to 32 bit Kubuntu until they get that bug worked out. Also there was no flash player available yet for 64 bit Linux yet. By the way, welcome back.

pmj
October 31st, 2005, 04:34 PM
Neither Hoary nor Breezy got the refresh rate right for me. Good thing that can be fixed easily.

Big Venus
October 31st, 2005, 04:37 PM
Thanks everyone... I am some what glad myself. I am running the 64 bit ubuntu 5.10. I'll try the dpkg-reconfigure line.

I am liking the new ubuntu forum and all the new people, its not as hecked as it was back in the june and july. Thanks...