PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installing PyScripter

thschiavo
June 27th, 2008, 04:20 PM
I'm using Emacs to write my python scripts, but I tried that PyScripter (http://mmm-experts.com/Products.aspx?ProductID=4) in windows and I would like to use it in Ubuntu. I saw some people in this Forum talking about PyScripter, but some of them are using it in Windows.

Is there anyway to install PyScripter in Ubuntu without using wine? :!:

PS - I wasn't able to find this software in synaptic.

deadgobby
June 27th, 2008, 04:28 PM
http://bytes.com/forum/thread732080.html

thschiavo
June 27th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Couldn't find any way to install PyScripter in this link, but I'll try that Eric editor... This one sounds like PyScripter.

Anyway, Thanks! It solves my problem! : )

tamoneya
June 27th, 2008, 04:50 PM
if you are really attached to a certain windows program you could install it through wine. Wine allows you to run windows programs on linux. Wine is found in synaptic and then you just download the exe file for pyscripter and when you double click it wine will be called and it will install it for you.

thschiavo
June 29th, 2008, 09:55 PM
if you are really attached to a certain windows program you could install it through wine. Wine allows you to run windows programs on linux. Wine is found in synaptic and then you just download the exe file for pyscripter and when you double click it wine will be called and it will install it for you.

I thank you for reply, but I was talking about not using wine.

(...) Is there anyway to install PyScripter in Ubuntu without using wine? :!: (...)

But at the end of my search I think I'm going to keep with Emacs in Ubuntu, hehehehe

icis4
November 29th, 2009, 01:16 PM
If somebody is curious how to install PyScripter in Ubuntu, but in Wine follow these simple steps:
1. Download windows python installer into wine drive c:
2. Install Python for Windows:

~$wineconsole cmd
z:\home\user>c:
c:>msiexec /i python-2.6.4.msi
3. Download Pyscripter exe installer
4. Right click over the exe and choose Open with Wine program loader
5. ... thats all, enjoy :popcorn:

pattonjm
August 25th, 2011, 04:52 AM
If somebody is curious how to install PyScripter in Ubuntu, but in Wine follow these simple steps:
1. Download windows python installer into wine drive c:
2. Install Python for Windows:

~$wineconsole cmd
z:\home\user>c:
c:>msiexec /i python-2.6.4.msi
3. Download Pyscripter exe installer
4. Right click over the exe and choose Open with Wine program loader
5. ... thats all, enjoy :popcorn:

That helped me, thanks!