PDA

View Full Version : [other] Dell Photo Printer 720

Kymac
June 27th, 2008, 04:20 AM
This is kind of an odd question. I set up the drivers for the Dell Photo Printer 720 (used Lexmark 600 drivers, I believe).

I would just like to know, from anyone who has one, if that if it fails to load a piece of paper when I turn the printer on, is that a fault with the drivers a the printer itself.

What I mean is, I put in paper, and when I turn it in, it is supposed to grab one of the pieces and pull it halfway in, ready to be printed. It does not grab any of the pieces at all.

ramjet_1953
June 27th, 2008, 04:35 AM
Does the printer work, regardless of this issue? In other words, when you send the printer a job, does it feed the paper and print?

This link on Linux compatibility may be useful:

http://openprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Dell-Photo_Printer_720

Regards,
Roger :cool:

Kymac
June 27th, 2008, 04:47 AM
Well, anytime I try to print, the printer icon pops up in the upper right, and it puts the document in the printing queue. The problem is that it is not loading the paper at all, but I don't know if it's a hardware issue, or a software issue, since it was working fine ago about a month ago (I reformatted and never bothered trying to reinstall drivers until now, but it may have taken a beaten while away, so it could be either).

ramjet_1953
June 27th, 2008, 05:12 AM
Whay not try removing the printer and re-installing it?

Use the link in my previous post to get the recommended driver.

Good luck!

Regards,
Roger :cool:

GrogInOhio
July 4th, 2008, 05:04 AM
Okay... I'm an old Windows geek but a Linux and Ubuntu uber-noobie. I have an ancient networked HP LaserJet II working fine but am stumped on the Windows XP shared Dell 720 color printer. I checked the link from above and it mentions the Lexmark Z600 drivers. But that's not in the Foomatic database either. :(

It seems to me that Ubuntu has made the legendary challenge of printing in Linux an absolute snap. But I'm at a loss what to do with unsupported or non-existent drivers.

Looking for suggestions...

Thanks...