PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help: Wireless Sees SSID and networks but CAN NOT connect!

Garfieldavis
June 25th, 2008, 06:42 AM
I am dual booting UBUNTU 8.04 with Vista, at first my wireless didnt work, it failed to even see my networks with network manager. Now after some help, i uninstalled network manger and got the WICD, and now it can see networks but cannot connet. My wired network works fine. i am using a T61 with Atheros AR5418 wireless card.

Also i am seeing that I have multiple Ip addresses and i dont know why./

When I activated my wireless under Networks, i see more interfaces pop up
I went to System-->Administration-->Network Tools, and under devices I see these Interfaces: loopback interface, ethernet interface, unknown interface wifi0, unknown interface ath0, and unknown interface ath0:avahi.

tehpyrate
June 25th, 2008, 02:16 PM
I'm having the same dang problems. I uninstalled GNOME and installed KDE. KDE's Wireless Manager sees the Networks, but I cna't connect to any security enabled networks. It was working fine yesterday after installed KDE. This morning when I go in there and select my security enabled wireless network the "Switch to this network" button becomes disabled. But when I select my neighbors Unsecured wireless it becomes enabled..any ideas?