PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Which driver does wg111v2 use?

pytheas22
June 23rd, 2008, 08:52 PM
I have a WG111v2 USB wireless card. It sort of works out of the box in Hardy, but the connection drops about every half hour. So I want to give ndiswrapper a shot, but I first need to know which native driver the card is using so that I can blacklist it.

Unfortunately, I can't figure out which module is driving the card. I looked online but only see rtl* modules mentioned, and none of them are currently modprobed. lshw for some reason doesn't tell me which module is claiming the device. Is there anywhere else I could look to figure out what the card is using? Or is there a way to force ndiswrapper to claim the card instead of the native driver?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

pytheas22
June 24th, 2008, 09:05 PM
For the benefit of anyone else with the same problem: through trial and error, I figured out which module is driving the card. It's p54usb (there's also p54common and p54pci).

Also ndiswrapper doesn't seem to work, but I think it may be because my system is 64-bit. Anyway this isn't that big of a deal to me as I have plenty of other wireless cards that work fine; I just wanted to see how Linux support for my WG111v2 was at this point, since I hadn't used it in a couple of years and was considering lending it out to a new Ubuntu user if I could get it to work reliably.

aimwin
July 7th, 2008, 09:40 AM
For the benefit of anyone else with the same problem: through trial and error, I figured out which module is driving the card. It's p54usb (there's also p54common and p54pci).

Also ndiswrapper doesn't seem to work, but I think it may be because my system is 64-bit. Anyway this isn't that big of a deal to me as I have plenty of other wireless cards that work fine; I just wanted to see how Linux support for my WG111v2 was at this point, since I hadn't used it in a couple of years and was considering lending it out to a new Ubuntu user if I could get it to work reliably.

I have wg111v2, 2 of them, I try to get work with Ubuntu 8.04, please help.
I am new to ubuntu and I am not a technical guy but try to contribute back to LINUX, especially Ubuntu.

I bought new internal wifi card belong to intel, work perfectly since the first boot, autodeted by Hardy, but I will try to work on wg111v2 until problems solved, for others out there who has wg111v2.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=850120&highlight=wg111v2

thanks in advance.