PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] printer networking issues?

cooltd825
June 22nd, 2008, 04:42 PM
alright, I have a wireless network set up in the house. it's just a standard wireless-g with 64 bit ASCII WEP encryption. but getting internet is not my problem.

yesterday I was trying to get another Ubuntu machine, a laptop, to see this Ubuntu computer and hopefully get wireless printing and filesharing set up (it works perfectly in Windows). I set up Samba, and the laptop was able to see this computer. everything looked alright, but whenever I tried to print on that computer it would take anywhere from 3-5 minutes to come out here. the printer is attached to this desktop. now nothing will print, and whenever I try to print directly from this computer Firefox just hangs and I have to force-quit it. I think Samba is my problem.

right now I'm just concerned with getting any sort of printing done. the wireless isn't too important.

thanks!

linux6994
June 22nd, 2008, 04:52 PM
Look at the attachments, see if you are missing anything from either Unbuntu machine. Can you file share from box to box?

cooltd825
June 22nd, 2008, 04:55 PM
oh yeah, sorry. filesharing works fine.

the issue is with printing. everything seems to look alright with the pictures you gave. so is it my Samba print settings maybe? but then why would firefox hang up when I try to print?

cooltd825
June 23rd, 2008, 05:09 AM
bump

it would be very nice to be able to print again

so far it's been problems like this that make me love Vista even more