PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] EXTREMELY slow wireless

stldirty
June 21st, 2008, 07:04 PM
ok i'm running 64bit hardy heron on a hp dv6000 and i have the restricted wireless driver turned on. my problem is that very often my computer will just "hang" when trying to bring up a website. i've tried this on multiple wireless routers with the same results. i tried the ndiswrapper solution and it fixed the problem but my computer started locking up so i had to revert back to the restricted driver. can someone PLEASE help!!! thanks in advance

nickdbliss
June 21st, 2008, 09:51 PM
ok i'm running 64bit hardy heron on a hp dv6000 and i have the restricted wireless driver turned on. my problem is that very often my computer will just "hang" when trying to bring up a website. i've tried this on multiple wireless routers with the same results. i tried the ndiswrapper solution and it fixed the problem but my computer started locking up so i had to revert back to the restricted driver. can someone PLEASE help!!! thanks in advance

Having hp laptop myself and broadcom wireless adapter. I must confirm it is slow on mine as well buddy. My router is hardly 2 feet away and it shows 80% signal strength. Using ndiswrapper as the driver solution. The issue is with the drivers.

stldirty
June 22nd, 2008, 04:52 AM
yea this is getting out of hand. i need a fix for this soon. i haven't tested my 32bit version yet tho so iono if its 64bit exclusive.

niyonk
June 22nd, 2008, 11:52 PM
umm...guys i have broadcom also and dv6000. I am running 64-bit and no problems with my wireless. i am using ndiswrapper driver.
I am not sure what ur case is but, i use mine even at school and no troubles there also.
Try a diff. router maybe :(

stldirty
June 24th, 2008, 05:04 PM
bump