PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Firefox

btermeli
June 21st, 2008, 12:09 PM
I have a resolution problem with firefox. I have to zoom out to catch a good quality but that time I cant read anything,even results of gogle. When I zoom in quality of all jpgs and gifs are lost. I really want the firefox like I use in xp.
any idea??

thanx...

nick_h
June 21st, 2008, 07:06 PM
You could try the NoSquint (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2592) add-on.

Bufke
June 21st, 2008, 07:27 PM
By default the display should look in the same as xp firefox assuming you're running the same resolution and the fonts are not changed. Try looking in firefox preferences, content tab, and look for font size. Uping the font size would make text bigger.

If that doesn't help:
When you say zoom in do you mean the firefox command, or zooming in with some other program like compiz? Also is the problem only affecting firefox?

btermeli
June 23rd, 2008, 01:43 PM
font size is 17 choosen, but pages are shown like 8 or 10 font size.I use the zoom command of firefox (ctrl++)
Graphic card is Intel 915 and I installed the newest driver, resolution is 1280x800.
I think the problem is, I choose a font size but firefox doesn't apply that to webpages.

forger
June 23rd, 2008, 01:58 PM
When I zoom in quality of all jpgs and gifs are lost.

firefox 3 has image zoom enabled by default, to disable it:
- in the address box (where you type your www.example.com to go to a site), type: about:config
- search for: browser.zoom.full
- double click to change its value to "false"

btermeli
June 23rd, 2008, 06:49 PM
Hey guys,

Thank u all, I did all and also used Ctrl+Shift++ shortcut to just text zoom in.And everything is ok now...