View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Ubuntuzilla and Firefox 3

phil66
June 21st, 2008, 03:29 AM
Will Ubuntuzilla upgrade Firefox 2 to Firefox 3

Have used it to upgrade Firefox now I want to use Firefox 3

Thanks for the help

acelin
June 21st, 2008, 03:42 AM
It should... if not just install Firefox 3 from add/remove.

iaculallad
June 21st, 2008, 03:46 AM
But if you're on Hardy, I'd suggest that you do your FireFox upgrade manually. Hardy comes with FF3 beta version by default, an upgrade using Ubuntuzilla may cause problems on your profiles and installed addons.

phil66
June 21st, 2008, 07:50 PM
When installing Firefox 3 from synaptic it shows to download and install but Firefox panel stills shows 2.0.0.14 version installed.

To confirm it is 2.0.0.14 version it did not remove add ons and theme which are not compatible to 3.0

Using Ubuntuzilla to install I got all the downloads and install procedures but when trying to open I get a crash report

Used Ubuntuzilla to revert back to 2.0.0.14

Any further suggestions appreciated This is on gutsy 7.10 distro

nanotube
June 22nd, 2008, 04:48 AM
using ff3 with a profile left over from ff2 may be the cause of your crash. after you nistall ff3 (using ubuntuzilla, or any other method), start with a fresh profile (copy over your bookmarks and reinstall freshest extensions)

phil66
June 22nd, 2008, 12:55 PM
using ff3 with a profile left over from ff2 may be the cause of your crash. after you nistall ff3 (using ubuntuzilla, or any other method), start with a fresh profile (copy over your bookmarks and reinstall freshest extensions)

I used safe mode to revert add-ons to default
Then used Ubuntuzilla to download and install Firefox 3
Forgot to backup bookmarks and lost them No big deal
All went well and now using Firefox 3

Thanks for the help