PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wireless card not working (Belkin G Desktop F5D7000 Ver.4000)

leogx
June 20th, 2008, 11:34 PM
My Belkin G Desktop Card F5D7000 Ver.4000 Wireless Card Will not work in ubuntu any suggestions on how to get this to work??

lisati
June 20th, 2008, 11:37 PM
There are a couple of things we can check. The first is to see if your card is being recognized and anything is happening. One way of doing this from the terminal is:

iwconfig

leogx
June 21st, 2008, 01:37 AM
i tryed a different card and it worked thank u

SeePU
July 4th, 2008, 01:42 AM
Bump

For anyone trying this same usb dongle (with ver. 4000), try removing any other usb connections (for e.g., a printer that's connected via usb). I did before boot up and I could scan for networks. This is even using Debian Testing which uses a similar version of kernel. (2.6.24).

I was really surprised, to tell you the truth. I know this is not the best solution and doesn't explain much but it's FYI. I hope this helps someone.

P.S. There is another post here somewhere that reports the same 'solution.' Something about a usb hub. I wonder if there is some sort of usb conflict that is preventing the (zydas/zd1211-based) adapter starting up.

tbobker
July 31st, 2008, 09:20 AM
Hi,

Im having the same problem....everything seems to work fine except my wireless network card?

What replacement card did you use so that i can get one?

Thanks