PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] firefox 3 giving problem

HunkieChan
June 20th, 2008, 06:48 PM
everytime i download something. my firefox crashes right after it finishes downloading. and everytime i load videos on youtube or sites alike, firefox crashes. what can i do to fix this ? thank you

alexandremrj
June 20th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Most problems of sites with flash in firefox are due to the use of the opensource flash plugin.

You may have to install the flashplugin-nonfree that downloads the Adobe flash plugins from their site.

In synaptic choose the flashplugin-nonfree package or in terminal:
sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree

paulderol
June 20th, 2008, 07:26 PM
it may be an extension though, try disabling all of them and then replicate the conditions under which the problem occurs, then start turning them back on one at a time to see if it is a particular one.

better question--

what extensions ARE you using? any weird, wonky, or otherwise obscure ones?

HunkieChan
June 21st, 2008, 05:31 AM
it may be an extension though, try disabling all of them and then replicate the conditions under which the problem occurs, then start turning them back on one at a time to see if it is a particular one.

better question--

what extensions ARE you using? any weird, wonky, or otherwise obscure ones?

i am using the same extensions that i used with firefox 2 and i didnt have this problem. and about flash plugin.. i have the adobe one.. so i dont know whats causing this problem

alienexplorers
June 21st, 2008, 06:02 AM
Where is your flash plugin at. Mine is in the .mozilla/plugins folder and flash works great.

ubuntuguru
June 22nd, 2008, 02:31 PM
i am using the same extensions that i used with firefox 2 and i didnt have this problem. and about flash plugin.. i have the adobe one.. so i dont know whats causing this problem
even though you you used the same extensions in firefox 2 they may cause undesired actions in firefox 3. try disabling all your extensions and try to replicate your issue.