PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Evolution: server name??

ignorant fool
June 20th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Hello,

when setting up Evolution, i am asked to enter my server. However i have no idea what my server is. I tried to just type something crazy and see what happends, but now i dont know how to reset it. how do u reset it and what must i enter there?

dracayr
June 20th, 2008, 04:53 PM
hi,

look for the site your email acc. is registered on this site:
http://www.adamsdvds.co.uk/mailserver.php/

your mailservers are (most probably) listed there.

NOTE: if you don't live in the UK, the servers may be a bit different...

dracayr

ignorant fool
June 20th, 2008, 05:28 PM
this doesn't make any sense. this is far too complicated for non-experienced users. i shouldn't have to go all the way to a forum for this kind of thing.

bruce2000
June 20th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Hi,

Your ISP should be able to give you the address of the servers, it's often on the 'Help/Support' section of their web site.

sydbat
June 20th, 2008, 05:45 PM
It's the same as when you set up email with Outlook or Outlook Express in windows. No more complicated than that.

dracayr
June 20th, 2008, 05:47 PM
this doesn't make any sense. this is far too complicated for non-experienced users. i shouldn't have to go all the way to a forum for this kind of thing.

there is no easier way. All the experience you need for it is how to use google.

dracayr

ignorant fool
June 21st, 2008, 08:16 AM
well i didnt have to do it for windows live mail. is that something different? but i still dont know where to look, i use hotmail. but i cant see any ISP there.