PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] recycler virus

arturieto
June 13th, 2008, 12:19 AM
my pc is infected with recycler virus through a usb flask disk i used. the virus is not detected in clam av. but it appears when i open the disk. i feel that my hd is also infected. there is always a trash file with a lot of .* duplication.

how to get rid of this recycler virus. clamav could not detect it.

please help.

Yuki_Nagato
June 13th, 2008, 12:20 AM
What is the exact number and name of the operating system you are using?

arturieto
June 13th, 2008, 03:27 PM
I have a dual boot. windows xp sp2 and ubuntu 8.04 in the other partition.I see thrash files in ubuntu system and my windows is going slow. I used the infected flash disk in both os. further, how could i disinfect the flash disk. do i have to format it. I am afraid to format the hd.

HermanAB
June 13th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Boot Linux, run your file browser (Nautilus/Konqueror) and delete the suspect files on the flash disk. Simple as that.

Cleaning up Windows is a different matter. I don't use Windows if I can help it, but Spybot Search and Destroy (http://safer-networking.org) will likely be able to fix it.

Cheers,

Herman

erickomoto
October 11th, 2008, 03:49 AM
i also used an infected usb (with recycler) in my computer (runs ubuntu 8.04). how do i know if my hd is infected?

cariboo907
October 11th, 2008, 05:24 AM
Did you install this virus using sudo, because that is the only way a virus could affect Ubuntu. As you may have noticed, windows executable files don't run on Ubuntu so you have nothing to worry about.

Jim