PDA

View Full Version : Moderator posted inaproprate PM

Tomatz
June 10th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Check out the link. Not very impartial IMO :(

If a moderator wants the moderators name PM me. Also the moderator in question gave me 2 lifetime infractions for a small joke (of which was directed at her/his country).

Thanks

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=5157045#post5157045

LaRoza
June 10th, 2008, 06:13 PM
For the admins: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=824857

Tomatz
June 10th, 2008, 07:11 PM
For the admins: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=824857

So does my small joke warrent 2 lifetime infractions. I realise i should not have said it but i do not think the infractions should last forever a month or two is more than adequate for what i said.

Tomatz
June 10th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Now the moderator in question has removed my post with the attachment linked to above.

Tomatz
June 10th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Now the moderator in question has removed my post with the attachment linked to above.

My bad.

For some reason it came up post removed, i reloaded and it was there again?

matthew
June 10th, 2008, 07:26 PM
I am looking into this and will post a response later, hopefully within the next couple of hours.

Tomatz
June 10th, 2008, 07:27 PM
My bad.

For some reason it came up post removed, i reloaded and it was there again?

Actually looking again the moderator has closed it. I Don't think that (IMO) is appropriate either.

matthew
June 10th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Okay, that didn't take long.

Regardless of whether it was said in jest or in earnest, stating that you wish you could travel to a war zone for the opportunity to shoot members of any nationality is unacceptable.

The permanent infraction was warranted because this was not your first infraction.

I also support the closing of the thread, and quite frankly, would have chosen to move it to the jail myself.

Tomatz
June 10th, 2008, 07:36 PM
I am looking into this and will post a response later, hopefully within the next couple of hours.

Thanks

Tomatz
June 10th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Okay, that didn't take long.

Regardless of whether it was said in jest or in earnest, stating that you wish you could travel to a war zone for the opportunity to shoot members of any nationality is unacceptable.

The permanent infraction was warranted because this was not your first infraction.

I also support the closing of the thread, and quite frankly, would have chosen to move it to the jail myself.

Fair enough and i respect your decision but what about the moderator saying that Ireland should be one country. Do you think thousands of protestant Irish want this? Should hundreds of British people have died?

I think the moderators should be impartial at all times. Saying such things is just as bad as what i did (if not worse as it was not a joke) but i leave this the bad guy.

Come on UF this issue is far from resolved.

matthew
June 10th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Fair enough and i respect your decision but what about the moderator saying that Ireland should be one country. Do you think thousands of protestant Irish want this? Should hundreds of British people have died?Link, please.

I think the moderators should be impartial at all times. Saying such things is just as bad as what i did (if not worse as it was not a joke) but i leave this the bad guy.Moderators work very hard to be impartial. In reality, no human is completely without bias. Fairness and even-handed dealings are a very realistic and reasonable objective, and one that we always try to achieve.

Come on UF this issue is far from resolved.This is actually a totally new issue than the one you raised earlier, which was resolved, but we can discuss it.

Tomatz
June 10th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Anyone?

Tomatz
June 10th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Link, please.

Moderators work very hard to be impartial. In reality, no human is completely without bias. Fairness and even-handed dealings are a very realistic and reasonable objective, and one that we always try to achieve.

This is actually a totally new issue than the one you raised earlier, which was resolved, but we can discuss it.

If you look carefully at the PM i posted the moderator expressed that ireland should be one country. This is (roughly) kind of like saying the American people should up and leave and give America back to the native Americans. Right or wrond this is not something a moderator should be expressing.

Tomatz
June 10th, 2008, 09:03 PM
If you look carefully at the PM i posted the moderator expressed that ireland should be one country. This is (roughly) kind of like saying the American people should up and leave and give America back to the native Americans. Right or wrond this is not something a moderator should be expressing.

The link in the first post of this thread.

matthew
June 10th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Expressing an opinion that is political in nature is a very far cry from stating a wish to kill people from a specific country.

You have no valid point here. Sorry.

Tomatz
June 10th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Expressing an opinion that is political in nature is a very far cry from stating a wish to kill people from a specific country.

You have no valid point here. Sorry.

I think i do, sorry. What can i do from here as at least i think i am due an apology.

This is no attack on your judgment sorry if i offend you in any way.

Thanks for looking into this.

matthew
June 10th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Your next step is to appeal to the Forum Council by putting an item on the Forum Council Meeting agenda (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ForumCouncilAgenda) and attending the next meeting when it is scheduled.

Tomatz
June 10th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Your next step is to appeal to the Forum Council by putting an item on the Forum Council Meeting agenda (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ForumCouncilAgenda) and attending the next meeting when it is scheduled.

Thanks but im sounding like a whinging brat now.

I'll just have to take it on the chin go away and cool off.

Thanks for your help Matthew

Thomas

matthew
June 10th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Thanks for your help Matthew
I do what I can. Sorry the outcome wasn't what you hoped for.

Cheers.