PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntuzilla asking me to update repeatedly

stig
June 10th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Hi,
I'm using Dapper and I started using Ubuntuzilla to get the most recent Firefox (and TB) earlier this year. No problems and I got the 2.0.0.14 version as soon as it was available. But since a little while after the update I've been getting the little update notice at the bottom of my screen every day telling me to update from 2.0.0.12 to 2.0.0.14. The "About Mozilla" box in Firefox tells me I'm on 2.0.0.14, so why do i keep getting the message? It's not a problem but I just wonder what's happening and is anything wrong?

nanotube
June 16th, 2008, 04:28 AM
Hi,
I'm using Dapper and I started using Ubuntuzilla to get the most recent Firefox (and TB) earlier this year. No problems and I got the 2.0.0.14 version as soon as it was available. But since a little while after the update I've been getting the little update notice at the bottom of my screen every day telling me to update from 2.0.0.12 to 2.0.0.14. The "About Mozilla" box in Firefox tells me I'm on 2.0.0.14, so why do i keep getting the message? It's not a problem but I just wonder what's happening and is anything wrong?

open the terminal and type in

firefox --version
and see what comes up. that's how ubuntuzilla checks the current version, so... see what it says. :)