PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Where to get themes for ubuntu

gatorbowls
June 9th, 2008, 03:54 AM
Is there a website or somewhere I can get ubuntu themes?

starcannon
June 9th, 2008, 03:54 AM
gnome-look.orgThemes, Themes, and More Themes (http://gnome-look.org/)

xravexheavenx
June 9th, 2008, 03:55 AM
gnome-look.org
Agreed! :)

Anduu
June 9th, 2008, 04:06 AM
My god!
Why do we even have a search feature!?
](*,)

steveneddy
June 9th, 2008, 04:15 AM
](*,)

lol!

SunnyRabbiera
June 9th, 2008, 04:16 AM
well hey were were all beginners once.

xravexheavenx
June 9th, 2008, 04:18 AM
My god!
](*,)
Lol. What makes it even worse is he wouldnt have even had to search the forums to find that out. Google could have told him that! And in the first result. :P

rage-against-windows
June 9th, 2008, 04:19 AM
A couple more...

art.gnome.org
customize.org/gtk

cariboo907
June 9th, 2008, 04:42 AM
It's easier to ask someone who has done the work already.

Jim

mac9416
June 9th, 2008, 04:44 AM
I'm with Jim. Give him a break.
:popcorn:

tysonh
June 9th, 2008, 05:13 AM
You can also do a sudo apt-cache search themes in terminal and you get a few items that show up. I got the Ubuntu Studio theme like this.

Only problem is there are only a few to pick from. But on the up side it installs the theme for you.

hope it helps :)

HiddledyPiggledy
June 9th, 2008, 06:59 AM
Also... do a Google search for
"Black Box" (BBox, BBlite)
They make a GUI interface that works between pretty much all OS's- I've been using it for many years on my windows machines (it's faster than the default windows GUI's) and a lot of the people who post themes for it show it as their linux desktop... so obviously it works the same for linux as well. It is totally simple to use and super easy to customize in any kind and EVERY kind of way you can imagine! And it uses almost NO overhead.

Now that I think of it, it probably was written FOR linux, and got ported over to the other OS's.... yeah. Anyone corroborate this?

* -The windows versions *cough cough cough* are called "bb4win" or "bblite"
(-BBlite is newer and has more themes and a lighter more intuitive interface; many of the earlier tools are built directly into it, vs. needing to be added- so more code support for customization, as I recall)

(edit: ...By the way, as I think about it, for anyone who, like me, is also using a dual boot system and wants to have the same theme or desktop for all their OS's, (you can set up BlackBox to constantly change themes- even cycle desktops in the background, that's how customized it can be- I've well over 4000 different ones) simply install it on a partition that all your OS's can read, and point all your directory queries towards that spot. Any changes and edits to a theme will reflect across all the OS's that share that directory/folder. *wink*)