PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Removing SwfDec

gatorbowls
June 8th, 2008, 11:28 PM
I installed Swfdec on Firefox for flash, but id just like to install the adobe flash..how do i uninstall Swfdec

quelx
June 8th, 2008, 11:49 PM
System > Administration > Synaptic

search for swfdec-mozilla > right click > Mark for Complete Removal > Apply

jema
November 10th, 2008, 11:38 AM
When I do that, it wants to remove gnome :confused:

gandaran
November 10th, 2008, 11:55 AM
swfdec is a dependency of gnome-desktop-environment, this package is not needed, it was your choice installing it, if you want to keep it go to firefox tools addons plugins right click the swfdec flash plugin and disable it, now firefox will use another flash plugin if it's installed

bolhuisbe
March 27th, 2009, 07:06 AM
swfdec is a dependency of gnome-desktop-environment, this package is not needed, it was your choice installing it, if you want to keep it go to firefox tools addons plugins right click the swfdec flash plugin and disable it, now firefox will use another flash plugin if it's installed

in my case swfdec-mozilla came installed and enabled by default in lenny-amd64. so do i opt to remove "gnome" when i uninstall it in Synaptic? i'm trying to install the Adobe 10 flash plugin (test?)

bolhuisbe
March 27th, 2009, 07:11 AM
crap, i just remembered i'd just jerry-rigged the stable i386 Adobe 10 player, ... that was before i found the amd64 test version :confused:

I AM A STUPID NEWBIE!!! lol

bolhuisbe
March 27th, 2009, 11:04 AM
... alright, i safely removed the swf-mozilla plugin (even clicked "ok" when it prompted to remove "gnome"), was still having a problem. effed up fixing that (accidentally ran "autoremove" on the just about everything), so i said screw it.

wiped the slate clean, started with a fresh install of Debian "lenny" amd64, re-removed the swf-mozilla plugin and installed affiliates, Synaptic-ed the debian-multimedia-keys package, added deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org lenny main to my sources list (made sure that "contrib" and "nonfree" sources were selected in the main window just in case), and Synaptic-ed flashplugin-mozilla.

i feel like i felt when i first started learning "the OS that must not be named", but it worked like a charm! :)

I AM A STUPID NEWBIE!!! lol