PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] keyboard problems

trigsenior
June 8th, 2008, 08:16 PM
hello, i have had alot of keyboard problems recently.
I will try to explain ,

I have ubuntu running on my laptop with a french keyboard setting
. However for some reason it thinks i have a number pad on my keyboard. I looked under keyboard layout and everything is correct. I also looked under /etc/X11/xorg.conf everything right again. here is the complety crazy bit ,if i use "safe seesion with terminal" the key board settings are correct ....

I am very conffused any surrgestion will be very welcomed =0

emil

trigsenior
June 8th, 2008, 10:23 PM
hi agian
right , i have probally not been clear enough with 23 views and no replys or maby im being to impatient =(). Im sorry , i was wondering if i removed gnome and installed kde if that would help ? as it works before you go into gnome eg the login window.

many thanxs :)

Lien.
June 9th, 2008, 10:48 AM
I have the same problem... I am now typing on an external keyboard and as long as this one is plugged in, my notebook keyboard works fine too. Whenever I unplug it though, the notebook keyboard thinks there is a number pad, which makes it impossible to use letters on the right side of the keyboard (which is azerty, Belgian layout).

Anyone any clues on what might be the problem?

When I log in all letters and numbers work fine though...

Thanks in advance.

Lien.
June 9th, 2008, 11:11 AM
right... I feel a little stupid. Apperantly you just have to turn off Num lock. After that it just works as fine as it should work.

Sorry...

trigsenior
June 9th, 2008, 03:45 PM
lien , how do you turn it off ? ive been through the keyboard layout somany times it now all looks the same if you know what i mean:(