PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] [SOLVED] Invalid Menu Item -- addAsPodcast...

stevezygote
June 8th, 2008, 01:20 PM
I am on a Kubuntu 8.04 machine which includes a 2.2Ghz Celeron with 512MBs of RAM on a 60GIG HDD, with two partitions, one for Kubuntu and one for Windows XP SP3.

Consistently I get an error message in Kubuntu which I neither understand nor know how to fix. The header reads:

Error - Dolphin
The desktop entry file
/usr/share/apps/d3lphin/servicemenus/amorok_addaspodcast.desktop
has an invalid menu item
addasprodcast
then an ok button

once I get this error message when trying to access a file in Dolphin I cannot do anything else. I have to close Dolphin and then reopen it and even THEN I'm not ensured that I won't get the error message again.

Question: how do I fix this once and for all.

Thanks.

aos101
June 8th, 2008, 05:47 PM
This is a known bug which still isn't fixed :(

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dolphin/+bug/199393/

To fix it go Kicker -> Run Command and type:

kdesu kate /usr/share/apps/d3lphin/servicemenus/amarok_addaspodcast.desktop
Then add this line to the end of the file:

Exec=dcop amarok playlistbrowser addPodcast %u
Save that, and you might need to restart Dolphin. I *think* that should fix it (I more or less just copied the fix from the people posting in the bug report).

stevezygote
June 8th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Thank you. We'll see if I've fixed it. I do it a slightly different way. I started with Unix based mainframes at University long before DOS came along and as soon as the GUI environment came along I went straight to it. I guess I have a very graphical mind. Anyway, I took the path in Dolphin to the file in question and right clicked it and loaded it as root (which is an option I have in Kubuntu). Find that much easier. I added the line you told me and saved it. No problem. So now we'll wait and see. Thanks again! I don't know what I would do without the good people in the community that supports the neophyte. Really appreciate it!

aos101
June 8th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Yeah doing it a more graphical way is fine. There's many ways to do things, so just do what works for you :)

I'm attempting to build a package that fixes this problem, so we'll see how that goes. It really should be fixed, so hopefully an update to dolphin can get released to fix this for everyone.

arcanus
July 14th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Lovely asos!

Didn't even have to restart Dolphin. (Window$e problem that :P)

aos101
July 14th, 2008, 10:28 AM
A fix for this bug is currently in testing in hardy-proposed, so hopefully soon the fix will be released and pushed out as an update to all Kubuntu users (so people won't need to mess about like this to fix it themselves).