PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No Minimized Programs

warped0ne
June 6th, 2008, 12:52 PM
I recently tried to make my Hardy Heron look a little more like the gOS by adding a application dock to it. I installed all of the AWN apps and the Avant Window's Manager app and it worked, kind of. After the install, I noticed the update manager was sending AWN updates 3 to 5 times a week, plus, whenever I closed Firefox, it would cause my system to partially freeze - I could do anything as long as I didn't try to open a program.

I then uninstalled everything AWN and the Avant Windows Manager and tried to add my second panel to the desktop so I could see my minimized programs. I have the panel, trash can, weather applet, and show desktop applet on it, but I cannot see any of my open programs or any minimized programs. Consequently, after 1 hour on the computer, I end up with about 6 instances of Firefox running, 2 of Gimp, plus other stuff - kinda saps the 2 GB of memory installed.

Can someone help me to fix the bottom panel so I can see my minimized programs?

sayakb
June 6th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Add the "Window List" applet to the panel (Right click on panel -> Add to panel -> Window List ->Add)

warped0ne
June 6th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Thank you. I feel like an Idiot now cuz I found articles on Window List, I just couldn't figure out where to find the actual app.

sayakb
June 6th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Glad I could help :). Please mark the thread as solved.

SpongeBob SquarePants
June 6th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Glad I could help :). Please mark the thread as solved.

Is it actually possible to mark threads as solved on this software?

sayakb
June 6th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Yes. Click on Thread Tools->Mark thread as solved.

SpongeBob SquarePants
June 6th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Yes. Click on Thread Tools->Mark thread as solved.

Cheers...have been looking for that for a while :biggrin: