PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Sound playing too slowly with kernel 2.6.24-18

Allegretto
June 6th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Kind of a strange problem, but when I select this kernel (the latest one, no?) from the GRUB menu, the sound on my system plays too slowly and at a different pitch than it should be. This affects all sound, from MP3s to the login jingle. Yet when I tried using 2.6.24-16 instead, my sound was fine again. Any ideas on what might be wrong? Or if not, is it safe for me to use the older entry (perhaps until -19 arrives, though I have no idea how often such things are updated)?

Thanks.

crjackson
June 6th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Kind of a strange problem, but when I select this kernel (the latest one, no?) from the GRUB menu, the sound on my system plays too slowly and at a different pitch than it should be. This affects all sound, from MP3s to the login jingle. Yet when I tried using 2.6.24-16 instead, my sound was fine again. Any ideas on what might be wrong? Or if not, is it safe for me to use the older entry (perhaps until -19 arrives, though I have no idea how often such things are updated)?

Thanks.

It's perfectly fine to use the older kernel.

KenBW2
June 6th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Stab in the dark: Try changing the souund to Alsa (System > Prefs > Sound). I know that fixed some problems I was having