PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cannot view youtube videos on firefox

professorTHC
June 6th, 2008, 07:40 AM
I think i lost my other thread and ii cant find it. but i have firefox and i isntalled the java plugin and the shockwave plugin as well as a few others, and i still cant get youtube videos to play on firefox. no flash videos work for that matter, it just turns blank white and nothing happens, any ideas? thanks in advance!

DestroyMicroshaft
June 6th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Try the flash non free in synaptic.

finito
June 6th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Are you running 64bit or 32bit.

When i get that error I juts close all Firefox windows open and revisit the site it works fine, although I rarely get it anymore since the new updates.

nothingspecial
June 6th, 2008, 07:59 AM
sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree

Then restart firefox.

iaculallad
June 6th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Install the libflashsupport to view youtube videos

sudo apt-get install libflashsupport

professorTHC
June 6th, 2008, 05:12 PM
still no luck guys. i had the non free one installed and i just installed the lib one, but to no avail. i noticed that the shockwave player might interfere, but enabled or disabled, nothing happens. when i turn it off, it says i need to download the latest flash player, but when i look in synaptic it says i have the latest version installed already.

Fedz
June 6th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Just un-installed the flashplugin-nonfree from System > Admin > SPM and went to home > (view > show hidden files) > .mozilla (folder) > plugins (folder) > and deleted libflashplayer.so (file).

Downloaded and installed flash player 10 (http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html).

Had no problems so far viewing multiple flash content in multiple browser tabs :-D

SunnyRabbiera
June 6th, 2008, 10:52 PM
still no luck guys. i had the non free one installed and i just installed the lib one, but to no avail. i noticed that the shockwave player might interfere, but enabled or disabled, nothing happens. when i turn it off, it says i need to download the latest flash player, but when i look in synaptic it says i have the latest version installed already.

what is your kernel/processor type?

Xerp
June 6th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Gnash works for me...

professorTHC
June 8th, 2008, 05:52 AM
spm shows that i have it, but i dont see it in the firefox addons column. could that be the issue?

alienexplorers
June 8th, 2008, 11:01 AM
With your flash player program, did you make a symbolic link to /home/yourname/.mozilla/plugins

alienexplorers
June 8th, 2008, 11:07 AM
With your flash player program, did you make a symbolic link to /home/yourname/.mozilla/plugins