PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Amarok suddenly not showing entire library (instead playlists)?

Watchtow3r
June 5th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Hello, I have gnome, and recently when running Amarok, I can't see my full library in the list to the right. I can find my songs, because they're still in the left column, but how can I get them to show up in the left?

Pictures speak a million words, so here's (http://img365.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshotfn5.png) a pic of what it looks like.

wolfen69
June 5th, 2008, 09:22 PM
did you click on collection? (on the left)

Watchtow3r
June 5th, 2008, 09:25 PM
yes and again I can see the artists in the left column, and then select them that way, and then the songs show up in a playlist, but I still can't show my whole library.

Watchtow3r
June 5th, 2008, 09:37 PM
here's (http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshotvm5.png) what it looks like in Collection. As you can see, I can select playlists, like albums or something, but not the whole library.

Hobo Joe
June 5th, 2008, 09:40 PM
EDIT: Nevermind.

Watchtow3r
June 5th, 2008, 09:51 PM
well, actually Hobo Joe, I do have my music on a separate partition of my HD. I have Ubuntu and Vista loaded on my laptop, and I installed Ubuntu through Wubi though (not sure if that makes a difference), so my music is on the Windows partition. I usually just run it from there and it works fine, but lately I've been having this problem. Also, I can't mount it, because the HD that my music is on is where Ubuntu is installed, so it's mounted already.

Watchtow3r
June 5th, 2008, 10:02 PM
any help?

forestpixie
June 5th, 2008, 10:12 PM
looks to me like you cleared your playlist - were you adding some music? - I quite often intead of adding to playlist either double click or hit the load button and it will clear most of the music from the playlist

Watchtow3r
June 5th, 2008, 10:14 PM
yeah I think I did do that... how do I un-clear it?

forestpixie
June 5th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Unclear it? If you mean the playlist highlight them and delete, if you mean add to playlist - select in left panel and right click and then append to playlist.

Might be worth saving playlists then you can get them back

Edit - if you want the whole library I think it's Engage - Play media and then select what you want - but I'm not completely sure on that - never wnated my whole library

Watchtow3r
June 5th, 2008, 10:27 PM
thanks! That did it.