PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Firefox opens multiple tabs

mancroft
June 5th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Using Hardy and Firefox 3 Beta 5.

When I click (once) on a link, Firefox opens a random number of tabs for that link, each with the same page in it. It may open 1, 2, 3 or even 4 tabs.

Any idea as to the cure?

Thank you.

BikerGeek
June 5th, 2008, 04:18 PM
No idea of the cause or fix but I've seen similar on my machine so you're not out of your mind at least.

In fact, on occassion when I simply pass the pointer OVER a link it opens a tab.

Ah well, it's jsut being helpful I guess. ;)

mancroft
June 5th, 2008, 04:39 PM
No idea of the cause or fix but I've seen similar on my machine so you're not out of your mind at least.

Thank you so much for the reassurance, BikerGeek. I'm going to use :guitar: to celebrate.

starcannon
June 5th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Same issue here, I solved it buy installing firefox-2 from synaptic package manager, I still boggle at why beta ware was put in an LTS edition.

@_R_|\/|_@_G_E_|)_|)_0|\|
June 5th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Go to Edit>Preferences>Main.

That should solve you're problem.Kindly mark the "mark this thread as solved" button at the thread tools if this fixes the problem.

Armageddon.

sports fan Matt
June 5th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Yeah sometimes it happens on FF3 RC1 as well

SunnyRabbiera
June 5th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Same issue here, I solved it buy installing firefox-2 from synaptic package manager, I still boggle at why beta ware was put in an LTS edition.

well the main reason was so that in one years time ubuntu would be ready for firefox 3... last time there was a LTS it was before firefox 2 got released and ubuntu kind of got lost in the sauce.

mancroft
June 5th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Go to Edit>Preferences>Main.

That should solve you're problem.Kindly mark the "mark this thread as solved" button at the thread tools if this fixes the problem.

Armageddon.

Appears to have done the trick. Thank you.