PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Any news on NetworkManager0.7? Packages?

nowhere@cox.net
June 5th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Anyone know what's up with NetworkManager 0.7? Firefox and Evolution are starting in offline mode because NetworkManager 0.6 doesn't detect my ppp Sprint evdo network connection. Very irritating...

0.7 is already in Fedora and Foresight so it can't be THAT unstable. I saw a howto install it but it is very involved and I'm not sure of the package sources.

Anything?
THANKS!!

spd106
June 5th, 2008, 08:23 AM
There are a few unofficial packages floating around in the personal archives on Launchpad. However I would recommend that you look upstream to Debian where they are working on this at the moment. I would be very surprised if it's not integrated into Intrepid later this year.

nowhere@cox.net
June 5th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Great! Where exactly is "upstream?" I am not too familar with the debian distro...

THANKS

spd106
June 5th, 2008, 11:39 PM
I would recommend that you wait until it's in the official repositories or at least open for testing in one of the Intrepid alpha releases.

If you're willing to risk breakages, you might be interested in Michael Biebl's personal archive linked from this page http://www.nabble.com/Network-manager-and-Debian-sid-td17184595.html