PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] help with cli command

billgoldberg
June 4th, 2008, 09:15 AM
is this right:

sudo apt-get install -y k3b k9copy compizconfig-settings-manager epiphany-browser epiphany-extensions ubuntu-restricted-extras vlc libdvdcss2 skype googleearth libdvdcss2 acroread non-free-codecs wine p7zip-full mplayer gnome-mplayer gnome-alsamixer ktorrent firestarter emerald virtualbox-ose nicotine sun-java6-jre && remove open-java

I'm adjusting once of the commands on my blog for hardy, but I can't test it anymore.

Is

&& remove open-java

correct?

hyper_ch
June 4th, 2008, 09:20 AM
no, the && remove open-java is not correct ;)

I'd say it should be

&& sudo apt-get remove -y open-java

sdennie
June 4th, 2008, 09:20 AM
remove openjava will do nothing. A great way to try out advice before you give it would be to install virtualization software and just try it there. I use VirtualBox and it works great for that purpose (being able to roll a VM back to its original state is incredibly valuable).

billgoldberg
June 4th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Ok, I wasn't sure if I had to put sudo apt-get in there again.

billgoldberg
June 4th, 2008, 09:23 AM
remove openjava will do nothing. A great way to try out advice before you give it would be to install virtualization software and just try it there. I use VirtualBox and it works great for that purpose (being able to roll a VM back to its original state is incredibly valuable).

I tested the command for gutsy, but for since sun-java6 isn't in "ubuntu-restricted-extras" any more I had to put it in there again and remove open-java.

(I also put in bin and plugin for java, to lazy to update the command in the OP).

billgoldberg
June 4th, 2008, 09:35 AM
This is the final command, it presume it's ok:

sudo apt-get install -y k9copy compizconfig-settings-manager epiphany-browser epiphany-extensions ubuntu-restricted-extras vlc libdvdcss2 skype googleearth libdvdcss2 acroread non-free-codecs wine p7zip-full mplayer gnome-mplayer azureus firestarter emerald virtualbox-ose nicotine sun-java6-jre sun-java6-bin sun-java6-plugin && sudo apt-get remove -y open-java