PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] mixed language desktop

freeflyer57
May 29th, 2008, 11:52 PM
So I am running 7.10, and my computer is normally in German. I don't know how it happened and I wasn't doing anything to the language part of my computer, but now the system is mixed between German and English. I already tried uninstalling both language packs and reinstalling, but it still mixes the languages up. Please help, it is really annoying pressing "Applications-Spiele (games)." The system messages such as the terminal and synaptic are giving me messages that I can't always understand.

freeflyer57
May 30th, 2008, 03:35 PM
I can't get anything to work in 7.10. I am used to having to work at getting it perfect, but on my 1420n, it's not going to happen. I remember using 4.10 back in early '05, that was nightmare. So I am going to give Suse linux enterprise desktop (SLED 10) a chance. If I don't like it then I am going back to ubuntu 7.04. I have a dell custom image for 7.04, which is pretty good, unless you don't know how to install it like Dell. I had to redo it, because they even got the xorg conf wrong. From the moment I booted the dang things had no display! 7.10 is just way to buggy. Maybe if a dell version comes out, then just maybe.

freeflyer57
May 31st, 2008, 10:49 AM
I am really liking openSUSE 10.3. That's right! Insted of SLED 10, I went with this. It was so much easier to install and run than Ubuntu. I only had one problem, which was my sound codec for my sound card. Took two hours to fix, but it's worth it.

peace