PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] wireless problem

Zoonosis
May 28th, 2008, 11:22 PM
I have a laptop running the latest version of Ubuntu. I have the wireless working, but how do I set it so it detects networks? Right now, I have to enter my SSID, I had this setting before, but apparently changed something now I'm stuck this way. Any help? Thanks!

stchman
May 28th, 2008, 11:40 PM
I have a laptop running the latest version of Ubuntu. I have the wireless working, but how do I set it so it detects networks? Right now, I have to enter my SSID, I had this setting before, but apparently changed something now I'm stuck this way. Any help? Thanks!

You left click on the Network Manager icon in the upper right conrner. It looks like two monitors together. After that a list of available wireless networks will drop down and you can select one.

Make sure you encrypt your wireless router using at least WPA.

Zoonosis
May 29th, 2008, 05:23 AM
You left click on the Network Manager icon in the upper right conrner. It looks like two monitors together. After that a list of available wireless networks will drop down and you can select one.

Make sure you encrypt your wireless router using at least WPA.

Ok, thank you. At first, that icon wasn't appearing, but I restarted my computer and it did. Then I just switched it to Roaming. Thank you! :D