PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] X3100 Graphics Chipset Shortcomings & Workarounds

moeness86
May 28th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Hello everyone,
I only wanted to share with everybody who is trying to run games or 3D apps on Ubuntu my frustration .. many ppl have this chipset and yet intel hasnt released a driver for us... thanks to the guys working on the opensource thing .. it could have been worse.

Anyhow , enough whining: please share any workarounds or support libraries or performance tweaks or anything that helped you in a related issue ... may it be a game , compiz & video issue .. anything !! And please provide as many details as possible for the good of the community.

Thanks for your contribution :)

stchman
May 28th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Hello everyone,
I only wanted to share with everybody who is trying to run games or 3D apps on Ubuntu my frustration .. many ppl have this chipset and yet intel hasnt released a driver for us... thanks to the guys working on the opensource thing .. it could have been worse.

Anyhow , enough whining: please share any workarounds or support libraries or performance tweaks or anything that helped you in a related issue ... may it be a game , compiz & video issue .. anything !! And please provide as many details as possible for the good of the community.

Thanks for your contribution :)

Hardy the X3100 works fine. Compiz works OOB. OpenGL games work but DX Windows games under WINE do not.

Install Hardy.

canadianwriterman
May 28th, 2008, 06:24 PM
I had the same experience as stchman. The X3100 video works flawlessly under Hardy on my machine.

dlmoak
May 28th, 2008, 07:34 PM
I'm running x3100 w/Hardy. I don't do games, but Compiz is working perfectly without any adjustments from me.

i speak in math
May 28th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Hardy the X3100 works fine. Compiz works OOB. OpenGL games work but DX Windows games under WINE do not.

Install Hardy.

Ahh, thats why Episode 1 kept crashing my computer...

moeness86
May 29th, 2008, 11:18 PM
so it has been partially fixed .. ok
that was good news :D

ASULutzy
May 30th, 2008, 04:13 AM
My x3100 works great except S-video will not work at all