PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Internet Connection

Dumpy Dumpster
May 27th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Due to a motherboard change/update, I tried to open up on my old Gutsy and frankly gave up! It just did not seem to me to work. So I installed Hardy - but it will not connect to the internet through the Livebox we have - there was no problem with Gutsy - it just did it.
Therefore one is unable to get help. Luckily I have a second computer with WINDOWS XP installed and this seem to be the only way I can get help for UBUNTU.
Can someone tell me in simple terms just how to get Hardy to connect through a series of simple steps via an ethernet cable and a Livebox to the outside world.
I have to say, God help anyone who tries to install on a single computer, one cannot read any manuals or send a letter snail-mail to the Forums.
If Ubuntu wants to compete with Windows it will have to get simpler and far more automatic. I am surprised that this new version is like this.
Rant over, but I do have all your interests at heart, you have a great OS when it works.

Dumpy Dumpster
May 28th, 2008, 10:33 AM
bump

superprash2003
May 28th, 2008, 11:56 AM
could you post a ifconfig output from the terminal

Dumpy Dumpster
May 29th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Thanks superprash2003. I have solved the problem with a complete re-install. Very frustrating!!