PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I am having 2 issues

MjsLady
May 27th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Hi y'all
I just discovered your forums this morning and I have used the search feature to try and find my answers with no success.
Issue 1 I use a Sony Ericsson W200A phone as my digital camera. The only drivers i can find for it are for XP. I use this phone for ebay pics. I need it to work on my Unbuntu. Are there any drivers hidden away for it?
Issue 2 I have a Lexmark Optra E+ printer that I have read works great with Unbuntu but mine keeps saying it "may not" be connected yet it finds it. I have no clue what to do with this one!
Please help!
thanks
mel

TeoBigusGeekus
May 27th, 2008, 01:35 PM
About issue No1:
What do you need the drivers for? Once you plug in your phone it should be recognised as an external hd.

hyper_ch
May 27th, 2008, 01:46 PM
issue 2:
If the printer runs, then don't worry about it ;) Lexmark generally does not run on linux, so you're lucky :)

MjsLady
May 28th, 2008, 03:50 AM
On issue 1, it down loads the pics to the PC but it then says they are in an unrecognized format and won't let me work with them,
On issue 2, it finds it as the default but will not print. We googled it and found folks saying it works great, but nothing about our issue.
Thanks for ideas!

ShodanjoDM
May 28th, 2008, 04:05 AM
On issue 1, it down loads the pics to the PC but it then says they are in an unrecognized format and won't let me work with them,

Does your phone, when you connected it to the PC gives you choice whether to use it in phone mode or in storage device mode?

If yes, choose the latter. You won't be able to use it for calling while connected but you can browse to the pictures folder to copy all the pictures there to your PC.

MjsLady
May 29th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Here is the error I am getting from my pc when i try to save the pictures from my phone

Image type not supported Application/ octet-stream

How do i figure out what the image type is? On my old xp machine they were listed as jpeg, which this supports... I am very lost