PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] donno where else to ask. Gaim list issues

secuono
May 27th, 2008, 01:53 AM
my gaim wont show the buddy list any more...im logged in but others have to IM me, and i have no clue where else to ask, please help!

ardvark71
May 27th, 2008, 02:10 AM
my gaim wont show the buddy list any more...im logged in but others have to IM me, and i have no clue where else to ask, please help!

Hi...

What do your settings show?

Best Regards...

dRock1286
May 27th, 2008, 02:18 AM
get pidgin ;)

just kidding. sorry, I don't know how to fix your problem...

superprash2003
May 27th, 2008, 02:18 AM
try this.. go to Buddies->Show and select all options there

ardvark71
May 27th, 2008, 02:21 AM
get pidgin ;)

just kidding. sorry, I don't know how to fix your problem...

Don't be. ;)

That's actually a workable solution.

Best Regards...

secuono
May 27th, 2008, 03:07 AM
ok, let me rephrase this..i click on gaim, and i know im logged in cus someone will IM me to chat. but nothing shows up, no window with all the different messengers and buddy names, nothing. i dont see anything, as if i never clicked it......

ardvark71
May 27th, 2008, 03:46 AM
ok, let me rephrase this..i click on gaim, and i know im logged in cus someone will IM me to chat. but nothing shows up, no window with all the different messengers and buddy names, nothing. i dont see anything, as if i never clicked it......

Hi...

So there isn't even an icon for it on the toolbar?

Best Regards..

secuono
May 27th, 2008, 03:48 AM
Hi...

So there isn't even an icon for it on the toolbar?

Best Regards..

apps, internet, pidgin
click it but nothing shows up, it logs me in but thats it.....so there is an icon

ardvark71
May 27th, 2008, 05:54 AM
apps, internet, pidgin
click it but nothing shows up, it logs me in but thats it.....so there is an icon

You must mean Gaim, right? ;)

Yes, there is supposed to be an icon on the toolbar. You don't see that either? :confused:

Best Regards...

secuono
May 27th, 2008, 07:03 AM
You must mean Gaim, right? ;)

Yes, there is supposed to be an icon on the toolbar. You don't see that either? :confused:

Best Regards...

i dont see what yall aint getting...
i click on applications, then on internet, then pidgin internet messenger. so, yes, there is an icon type thing.
it gives me a lil clock for workin, but then nothing shows up. no window no nada

ardvark71
May 27th, 2008, 07:12 AM
i dont see what yall aint getting...
i click on applications, then on internet, then pidgin internet messenger. so, yes, there is an icon type thing.
it gives me a lil clock for workin, but then nothing shows up. no window no nada

Hi...

I can't see what's on your monitor so you have to be my eyes here. ;) If I have to clarify things, please be patient.

That wasn't the icon I was referring to. Normally when you load Gaim or Pidgin, a small icon appears on the toolbar to your right, close to where the clock is and the other items loaded into memory.

If it's not there, even after you've started the program, then it's something in the settings or a problem with the program itself. If nothing else, try uninstalling and reinstalling the program through Synaptic and see what that does.

Best Regards...