PDA

View Full Version : CS:S and TM:Nations cause Kernel Freeze

nuclearpidgeon
May 25th, 2008, 12:40 AM
Hi

I want to play CS:S and TrackMania Nations on my Laptop on Ubuntu. I've installed the wine 1-rc1 .deb and I've also manually compiled version 0.9.39 (faster cs:s support from experience on other PC) and installed it into /usr/local/wine/0.9.39.

Now whenever I run CS:S (0.9.39 or 1-rc1) or TM nations(just 1-rc1), I get to the loading screen, it loads for a few seconds then my kernel hangs itself X-C. I can still move the cursor, but It doesn't change when I go to, say, a text document, and my computer accepts no input except the 3-second power button (muahahahahahaha). I can run both games on windows fine, and I've installed Starcraft on my laptop (Ubuntu) as well using 1-rc1 and it works flawlessly. Diablo II works as well, but its slightly glitchy, but I think that's to do with Compiz, because Compiz and Video playback on my laptop go together like iPods and water - it either works, or it doesn't.

I'm using Ubuntu 8.04.
Another note: CS:S would crash steam If I tried to launch it back on Gutsy Gibbon.

I'm able to post a text file of my terminal in each one if someone can tell me how to make wine log to a file.

Any ideas?