PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Dreamweaver wine?

nynoah
May 23rd, 2008, 07:35 PM
I have dreamweaver up and running on wine, but I can not get it to do everything. Atleast not easily. I can not set the default browser for it. I try to put in firefox but it wont take it. Is this something to do with the emulated windows environment? How can I set a browser for it?

SunnyRabbiera
May 23rd, 2008, 07:37 PM
I have dreamweaver up and running on wine, but I can not get it to do everything. Atleast not easily. I can not set the default browser for it. I try to put in firefox but it wont take it. Is this something to do with the emulated windows environment? How can I set a browser for it?

In wine I think you have to use the windows versions of applications with dreamweaver...
you can try it, just install the windows version of firefox under wine

shifty_powers
May 23rd, 2008, 07:38 PM
which version of dreamweaver?

SunnyRabbiera
May 23rd, 2008, 07:44 PM
which version of dreamweaver?

aye this too must be accounted for, as most earlier versions of dreamweaver had IE integration only.

nynoah
May 23rd, 2008, 07:44 PM
dreamweaver 8

I will try installing the windows version of firefox, couldn't hurt I guess.

nynoah
May 23rd, 2008, 07:45 PM
I heard the latest version of dream weaver cs3 or what ever was not working right on 8.04 wine.

SunnyRabbiera
May 23rd, 2008, 07:46 PM
dreamweaver 8

I will try installing the windows version of firefox, couldn't hurt I guess.

if its dreamweaver 8 then I am afraid you are stuck with IE for previews.

nynoah
May 23rd, 2008, 07:47 PM
Well what is your suggestion. I can just get another version too.

side note............whoooo hooooo 444 post count.

SunnyRabbiera
May 23rd, 2008, 07:49 PM
Well what is your suggestion. I can just get another version too.

well yes try to get another version, or if you can deal without live previews you can just save the html files that dreamweaver creates and open them with a linux native browser... a bit of a pain I know but it worked for me.

nynoah
May 23rd, 2008, 07:54 PM
OK well I will try and upload IE........god I hate it. But I guess it is a good idea to have it so I can see what my pages look like on all the different browsers. I would like to try the latest version of Dreamweaver. But it does not work on Wine easily yet. I have no Windows to use in the way that the tutorial I found suggested.

Noah

shifty_powers
May 23rd, 2008, 10:46 PM
you might find ies4linux, (google it), useful ;)