PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] weird goings on with netwrk printer

playme123
May 23rd, 2008, 02:30 PM
I have an epson r220 printer on my main desktop which is a dual boot set up with windows(which is hardly used)

Any way I have a laptop which is wireless

Here is the problem, from the laptop I can print a test page, do maintenance and print an open office document

However I can not for the life of me print a web page it just goes processing and thats it

Please help:(:(:(

playme123
May 23rd, 2008, 03:37 PM
anyone this is doing me head in

playme123
May 24th, 2008, 09:11 AM
again anyone

BigSilly
May 24th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Hmm, it's a funny one and no mistake. There's nothing in the printer settings that might help? The only thread I could find here that made a reference to this issue was this one (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=461186). Hopefully someone will pop along with a better answer shortly...

playme123
May 24th, 2008, 03:05 PM
thanks for the reply will look into it. Ive found a work around regarding printing a webpage from wireless laptop, I save the web page to desktop then open it in an open office application then print and it does it. I can print web pages of my main pc in which the printer is attached to via usb. I am going to try printing a web page from my eeepc to see if I come up with the same problem

playme123
May 24th, 2008, 03:08 PM
just tried it on the eeepc and no problems there, by the way the lappy im having problems with is ubuntu hardy