PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Icons gone from top panel

rbc
May 23rd, 2008, 02:51 AM
This may have something I screwed up, but who knows? I noticed recently that two icons disappeared from the top panel: the Connection Properties icon, and the wireless signal strength icon. In addition, the "updates notification" icon no longer appears, yet when I check the Update Manager, there are updates to be downloaded. I was able to get the Connection Properties one back by Adding to Panel. How do I get the others back?

iaculallad
May 23rd, 2008, 02:55 AM
This may have something I screwed up, but who knows? I noticed recently that two icons disappeared from the top panel: the Connection Properties icon, and the wireless signal strength icon. In addition, the "updates notification" icon no longer appears, yet when I check the Update Manager, there are updates to be downloaded. I was able to get the Connection Properties one back by Adding to Panel. How do I get the others back?

Just right-click on the panel and select "Add to Panel". From there, you could add icons you like to be displayed.

rbc
May 23rd, 2008, 03:12 AM
Yeah, I tried that. That is how I got the Connection Properties icon back. Unless I missed something. I saw no Signal strength icon in that group. In any case, I rebooted after receiving updates, and the signal strength icon is back. I assume the notification one will do the same. Thanks for the tip