PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Ubuntu won't see my Dell Axim x50 palm pilot??

hufferd
May 23rd, 2008, 12:16 AM
I have a Dell Axim x50 palm pilot running I think.... the palm OS and it connects to my computer via USB port. Well I have run the Palm Os devices software in Ubuntu and have been trying to sync it with Evolution for about a week now I have tried everything I know to try but I can't get the pilot to see the computer and or Ubuntu won't see my palm. Any ideas?

Thanks
~D

Iowan
May 23rd, 2008, 12:24 AM
I have one of those... but it doesn't run Palm OS - it runs Windows Mobile 2003. (My son crashed this one more than once trying to upgrade to WM5).

hufferd
May 23rd, 2008, 12:30 AM
I have one of those... but it doesn't run Palm OS - it runs Windows Mobile 2003. (My son crashed this one more than once trying to upgrade to WM5).

Ahwell I did some checking Im not sure what it runs really but you maybe right maybe it is windows mobile...

Iowan
May 23rd, 2008, 12:41 AM
(Check Settings>About)

It's possible there may be a "synchronizer" for the Axim - I vaguely remember seeing something/somewhere.

lazyart
May 23rd, 2008, 04:01 AM
If it's a Dell Axim then it's Windows Mobile, so the Palm OS Devices bit won't do any good for you. When I had my Axim I used SynCE.