PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] System File Checker For Ubuntu.

msidhard
May 21st, 2008, 05:48 PM
Is There Any Application Which Resembles Sfc (windows File Checker) In Ubuntu

pdtpatrick
May 21st, 2008, 05:52 PM
Im new to Ubuntu as well but you should be able to use Fsck command to check your file system. Becareful with the tool.

Read the info file or man file on it...

phidia
May 21st, 2008, 05:59 PM
I hesitate to say it but I don't believe the file corruption that sfc was designed for is as prevlent in linux/unix otherwise there would have been more of a call for a gui tool by now.
But pdtpatrick is right fsck and e2fsck can be used to repair a corrupt filesystem.

msidhard
May 21st, 2008, 09:34 PM
But Y I Asked Means I Have Frequent Power Failure Here. So Most Of The Files Are Damaged. Now I Got Shutdown, Restart, Logout, Problem. If There Is Any Application Resembling Sfc I Could Able To Correct Them. Then Fsck Is Used To Disk Check

pdtpatrick
May 21st, 2008, 09:39 PM
Im not quite getting you - you are having frequent power failure and now your system is corrupt? if thats the case then fixing the file system wont stop your power failure. I would change the power supply or check other hardware on your mobo and fix that problem first. You can also use system recovery mode to fix your computer or run the fsck tool to correct and bad files.

SunnyRabbiera
May 21st, 2008, 09:40 PM
Right, if its a faltering power unit then doing this sort of thing is useless.

msidhard
May 31st, 2008, 03:15 PM
i maked my power problem solved. but how can i solve the fore said problem . Is there any way to fix the problem without re-installing the os.