View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't play video with kaffeine nor with VLC

May 21st, 2008, 04:18 PM
Hello everyone

I've downloaded some ruby on rails webcasts from railscasts.com and I can't seem to be able to play them in Kaffeine.

When I noticed that I wasn't able to play them in Kaffeine, a friend of mine suggested me to get VLC and try it there. Well, no luck. I get a frame error, even if I try switching the video output to OPEN GL, or any other.

Using VCL Default, and OpenGL, video output I can hear the sound without any problems however I only see a black screen.

While the video is playing, in VLC, if I open the messages window I get a ffmpeg error saying that it has a delay of more than 5 seconds. After that I just get spamed with the same error over and over.

Could someone try and download one of those webcasts (there's 109 of them if anyone is interested in learning a bit about Rails) and check out if it works fine?

I've ran into this problem while using Ubuntu Hardy, fully updated, with both Gnome and KDE installed. However I only tried under KDE.

All help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

PS: I'm a complete linux newb, perhaps that's the only problem. Still, I could use some help on this one ;)

November 16th, 2008, 03:51 PM
im having problems with vlc to. it opens then shuts down immediately.