PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Issue with 2 Sound cards Hardy heron

g1rnz
May 21st, 2008, 04:15 PM
Hi all, I have 2 soundcards on my PC one is onboard CH5 the other is a USB adaptor with CM106-F chipset. What I am trying to achieve is to have system sounds and playback from the onboard S/C and I run an amateur radio PSK31 software which I want to use only the USB adaptor. I can select DSP or DSP1 in the PSK s/w and that works fine but I get system sounds on the onboard s/c and Video sound playback on the USB adaptor. It does not appear to matter what settings I select in the sounds option it either does not work at all or we get the above problem any ideas would be good.

Graham

aeiah
May 21st, 2008, 04:53 PM
try setting the default soundcard with asoundconf. does that do anything for system and multimedia sounds?

asoundconf list
asoundconf set-default-card <card>

g1rnz
May 21st, 2008, 11:15 PM
try setting the default soundcard with asoundconf. does that do anything for system and multimedia sounds?

asoundconf list
asoundconf set-default-card <card>

No this make no it does not but thanks for help

monraaf
May 22nd, 2008, 02:58 AM
You can use the pavucontrol program to move audio streams between sound cards.

g1rnz
May 22nd, 2008, 02:18 PM
You can use the pavucontrol program to move audio streams between sound cards.

Thanks for help I have now tried pavucontrol and no audio streams are listed, I have looked at pulseaudio --dump-modules and none are listed implying that pulseaudio is not loaded??????

monraaf
May 23rd, 2008, 10:49 AM
Streams are dynamic, they only show up when applications are sending sound data to PulseAudio.

Also you have to make sure your applications are using PulseAudio:

asoundconf set-pulseaudio

And in the menu:

system->preferences->sound set everything to PulseAudio Sound Server.

Additionally some applications have their own settings regarding sound output, and some application may need to be started with the padsp wrapper.